Be prepared. Do you homework before you start
your treasure hunt.
- Find out the best picking place in you neighborhoods
- Ask your parents or grandparent to go with you. They might know some history.
- Take a journal with you to take notes about items and prices
- Bring a backpack to carry your stuff
- Always be safe
Here are a few places you might start exploring.
Ask your parents for more ideas.
- Garage and Yard Sales
- Secondhand Stores (a.k.a. Thrift Stores)
- Collectors Shops
- Antique Stores
- Flea Markets
- Your Own House
Do Your Homework
Let’s say you’ve found an item and now what? Check out the list below on some great ways to find the history behind your pick.
- The Library
- The Internet
- An Antique Store
- Your Family
- Other People Like Your Teacher